Monday, August 26, 2013

American Indian Prayer

A Loving Atma Namaste! Hail the Great Spirit (Glorious be His Name), the Earth, the Wind, the Rain & the Fire ... Acknowledging these Priceless Elements of Life ... & Indigenous people of All Nations ... throughout our Beloved Mother Earth ... May Loving Blessings of Peace & Love be with All!
My Grandfather is the Fire
My Grandmother is the Wind
The Earth is my Mother
The Great Spirit is my Father

The World stopped at my birth and laid itself at my feet
And I shall swallow the Earth whole when I die,
and the Earth and I will be one.
Hail The Great Spirit, my Father, without him no one
could exist because there would be no will to live.
Hail The Earth, my Mother, without which no food
could be grown and so cause the will to live to starve.
Hail the wind, my Grandmother, for she brings loving,
life-giving rain nourishing us as she nourishes our crops.
Hail the fire, my Grandfather, for the light, the warmth,
the comfort he brings without which we be animals, not men.
Hail my parent and grandparents without which,
not I, nor you, nor anyone else could have existed.
Life gives life which gives unto itself a promise of new life.
Hail the Great Spirit, The Earth, the Wind, the Fire
praise my parents loudly for they are your parents, too.
Oh, Great Spirit, giver of my life please accept this
humble offering of prayer, this offering of praise,
this honest reverence of my love for you.
༺♥༻ American Indian Prayer ╰დ╮╭დ╯
 
 
Source: Facebook Charlotte Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment